Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Where've you been, Mama?

You may have noticed a conspicuous lack of posts in the last year or so. Well, first, my apologies. And second, my explanation.

There are a couple of pretty good reasons I haven't been posting.

#1, the whole Meatball family moved out of our teeny apartment and into a space that, while warm and welcoming, wasn't exactly ideal for recipe-testing. That, however, has recently changed. We Meatballs have moved into new (to us) digs over the summer, and have finally settled in to the point where we can stop opening boxes and just go about the business of living here. I have a lovely little 1959 kitchen that I initially wanted to gut and redo, but somehow in the last 3 months I've fallen head-over heels for my miniature 1959 oven (man, is it ever wee. And I'm pretty sure it's original to the house, but it works perfectly) and my pretty little bread drawer (it could use a little love and maybe a good re-tinning), and lately have been feeling happily inspired to really start cooking again. Although not a complete gut-and-redo, the kitchen will be getting a healthy face lift soon enough. More on that later, and I promise to post a few before-and-after pics.

#2, last September, a close friend and I were in a pretty bad car accident. Long story short, we're both fine now, but those first few months afterward were pretty rough, so cooking and creating new recipes took a backseat to healing and returning to our regularly-scheduled lives. The last 12 months have been quite the roller coaster.


Ahem. I missed you, little blog of mine, and I promise never to go away for so long again.

Love,

Your Mama

1 comment:

Mom2Peach said...

Welcome back, Mama! I didn't know about the car accident--I can't imagine how you were going about your daily life of raising a toddler when you weren't at full capacity, forget about updating a blog. I'm looking forward to your new posts and seeing pics of the kitchen re-do as it happens! (And you might even inspire me to write some new posts on my blog, which has been sitting idle since August.)