Monday, February 18, 2008

About the Recipes

Here's the deal. I don't measure; everything is approximate. Chances are, I don't even make a recipe using the exact same ingredients every time I make it, but they'll be pretty close. If it sounds good to you, try it out but do it YOUR way. If you don't like onions, leave them out. Add some shallots instead. Whatever. Add a little extra wine to your sauce. Or don't. That's the point. Cooking should be fun, not a chore, and there's never any need to follow a recipe exactly as you've found it (unless you're baking, and then there's some actual science involved!)

None of the recipes you find here will come from cookbooks. That would be copyright infringement and frankly, I'm not down with intellectual property theft or jailtime. Somehow I think that would lessen my quality time with the fam. That said, I know lots of people who cook really well, so if they choose to allow me to use their recipes here, they'll be given credit. If you don't see someone else's name attached, you can assume it's my own recipe.

No comments: